Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Blame Canada

Not my best day football fans. As you may have gathered from my last post. That was written in a KFC parking lot somewhere in stupid French speaking Quebec.

Essentially, I took my sweet time leaving Massachusetts yesterday, drove to somewhere in Vermont and got a cheap motel when exhaustion hit. Checked in and was struck with insomnia. I took my sweet time getting started this morning, and then was not prepared exactly how French French Canadians are. I speak no French. I went to a bank to change money and they couldn't help me. I still have no loonies in my pocket.

The hostel that looked so great online was unacceptable when I arrived (which took at least an hour longer than it should because I got totally lost in Montreal). It actually looked pretty nice, but the parking situation was not workable considering I currently live at 1 Jolene Way and the sweetie at the front desk assured me she would get broken into. He was so nice. He didn't charge me for the late cancellation. Never underestimate the power of female tears.

Traveling alone is a blessing and a curse. It was very easy to make the executive decision to get the hell out of French Canadia. On the other hand, I felt the sting of loneliness dealing on my own. All I wanted to do was curl up with a hot Cajun boy or el gato gordo and watch crappy movies all night long. Instead, I drove west until finding the Holiday Inn I currently reside in.

And while I'm bitching, too much math today. US$ to C$. km to m. That one was pretty frustrating, until I realized I had been glancing at a conversion chart every 2 minutes or so. I'm not sure if figuring it out makes me a genius, or not figuring it out for so long makes me an idiot. Let's go with genius.

Regarding the west coast, the whole family is okay. My mom didn't even feel the earthquake?! My abuilita was out partying with her great-grandchild with no concerns. It seems I was the most affected somehow.

Not a totally shitty day though. I had fun with my camera:

Vermont at sunset:

666. mileage of the beast!

Continuing to be bored in the car:

Canadian sunset:

Hey Meat Curtain, I got two beds. That means tonight I can....

No comments: