Tuesday, July 29, 2008

je ne parle pas français

So I made it to Canada today. It has not been going well. I tried to deal with the language barrier, but I speak no French. I got to the hostel I had made reservations with and there was no parking. The clerk said my car would likely be broken into. I have no cash. I have no ATM card. I tried to go to a bank but couldn't talk to anyone. I'm sure with time I could figure it out. But I am in no mood.

Because I just now heard about the earthquake in L.A.. I am freaking the fuck out. I have no idea how to get a hold of anyone (most of my family is there). I don't speak the language here so I can't ask for help. The only thing I figure to do is head to Toronto where perhaps I can better deal with all this. Fuck.

2 comments:

Heather & Jacob said...

Dude - I hadn't even heard about it until I read your blog! How out of the loop am I? Hope things start going better for you in Canada soon...Heather

Catalyst said...

The earthquake was a 5.4, centered near San Bernadino. My family says it seems like there's not a lot of damage so far.

French-Canadians sound more rude than regular Frenchmen. Hang in there.