Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Meat Curtain shows me Austin

First of all, this is why his nickname is Meat Curtain:


Not because he is a vagina. He is not.

I spent a day in Del Rio, TX at MC's house. Highlights include him teaching me to play chess (I suck), buying beer at a Drive Through Liquor Store, and going to a couple of house parties. Never made it to Acuna, the border town on the other side of the border. Guess this will only be a trip spanning two nations, not three. From what I hear, I didn't miss much.

We then drove to Austin on Saturday. Wonderful city. In fact, better than San Francisco. Not as good as Oakland. I would live there except that its in the middle of Texas. I would imagine its a great place to go to college. I am now secretly a Longhorns fan. Don't tell. Had fish and chips in one of those Irish pubs built in Ireland and then transplanted to the U.S. Went to the capitol building. Very cool. Designed after the U.S. capitol except apparently they had to make it bigger. We did th 6th street music thing that night and saw four great bands and one crappy one. The best one being Los Super Avengers.

The next day I went to the Innerspace Caverns. It was mostly to get out of the heat, but very enjoyable nonetheless. Went out to dinner in Austin's warehouse district. Parked under a tree. Jolene got the wrath of birds (see below). Camped that night outside of the city at McKinney Falls State Park. Not so great. I had to park really far from the campsite. I managed to haul everything down in two trips. I chose to set up camp after the sun went down because of the heat. I go to put my new lantern together and there were no mantles included. Had to set up camp with only a flashlight. Oh well.

Thanks to Meat Curtain and the city of Austin. Good times.





2 comments:

Catalyst said...

Speaking of meat curtain... Forget it, there was nowhere for that sentence to go but downhill fast.

Thanks for the postcard!

Keep on Truckin!

benkyler said...

Got your postcard today! Muchas gracias! You're getting tan too! Great work Amy, I'm proud of you...for your travels. Well, a little for your tan too. Peaceout!!