Saturday, June 28, 2008

Laissez Faire

Sadly, I have left Louisiana. New Orleans is an amazing city with amazing people. I can't even really write about it because words cannot represent the experience I had. Plus, the majority of it is clouded by a bloody mary, Abita fueled haze. However I do have to thank those that made my time in the Crescent City so fucking fantastic.

Firstly, these two. She for taking care of my most prized possession, Jonah Kitty. He for having the good sense to date her.


This women for being beautiful and amazing:


This guy for getting me home safe:


This guy for showing me art and having an awesome tattoo. Can't post the tattoo. Its naughty.


These guys for bringing the funk.


This for being super delicious. Especially the strawberry.

These two for being fellow travelers:


These two for being funny and cool:


This guy for being sweet and keeping me company through my hangover:


Special thanks go to this guy for saving me from myself, for driving me around the city, for taking me out for good times, for treating me to beer and good food and introducing me to good people. Travel far and travel well my favorite Viking. Please visit his corner of the interweb at iamdave.com.



Super special thanks go to this guy. For being this guy and not that guy for a change. For sharing with me his house, his dog, his futon, his coffee, his Ralph Nader, his city, and his friends. For feeding me fabulous local cuisine and knowing where to get the best of everything. For teaching me nothing about local history. For supplying the road beers and buying the bar beers. For not minding that I showed up a day early and left a day late. For taking time off of work to do it all. For having a wonderful sister. For being a fellow traveler. For making me laugh all week long. There is a couch covered in cat hair waiting for you in Oakland. Live well my good friend.

No comments: