Saturday, July 4, 2009

3 + 2 = AWESOME

Certain aspects of long-term traveling are slowly coming back to me as we are closing down phase 1 of our journey. Travel fatigue being a major one. Pride in finding our way through a strange city being another. The most significant is remembering how enriching other people are to my journey.

I'm going to go ahead and say that my favorite part of London was meeting up with girlfriend's older brother Ben and his girlfriend Loe:

Ben and I had never really hung out before, despite having known each other for the majority of our lives. Nonetheless we had SUCH a good time. They brought us to a great pub called The Woolpack for dinner. Then they guided us to our first (of, I'm certain, many) historical beers. We went to The George, which was visited by William Shakespeare and frequented by Charles Dickens. On their recommendation we drank cask ale and had great conversation. I found it particularly interesting to hear a Californian's perspective on living in London. Thanks you two for an awesome night!

No comments: