Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Mo' maha

The beauty of visiting so many people is the unique access I've received to see things I would never see; that you will never see. (Note use of ;!) Girlfriend's older sister is an air traffic controller and invited me up to the tower to experience that. She and the other guys were really nice. I got to listen on the headphones as they controlled the air traffic. I got to see the radar and learned about how its all done. I never thought an airport would be a destination on this journey, but it was so awesome.

From the tower:

Big ass plane:

Tower from afar:

In other Omaha adventure news, I saw a poser Campanile:

More wiener dogs:
And while I have your attention, see the dog on the left? That's Sophie. She was a puppy mill mom that girlfriend's older sister rescued. She has had over 100 pups intended for pet stores and such. She is nine years old, abused, and virtually untrainable as far as "going outside" is concerned. Please my dear friends, if you intend on getting a pet, support your local animal rescue. Do not acquire pets at a pet store. They may be the unholy spawn of one of these puppy mills, and if they have papers, they may be falsified. There are breed specific rescues all over, and there is no need to financially contribute to such a horrible practice. My mom got her wonderful dog, Buddy, from a poodle rescue in L.A.. And if you are super hard core, be like this woman and adopt a special needs pet. Just saying...

On a lighter note, this is what we looked like immediately following the Beijing Opening Ceremonies, which were amazing by the way:



Awesome gift I got for Girlfriend in Manhattan. Had to share it with y'all.

This is the halfway point between Boston and San Francisco, or so they say. I guess there is a museum in there. I was in no mood that day.


Creepy Abe Lincoln

Homesick:
Yup.

Through multiple strands of communication (text, blog, myspace, facebook, yeah technology!), y'all have inquired where I am, in that I haven't posted in a while. I feel so loved. To sooth your souls, I've been living here the past couple of days:
More on that next time....

No comments: